My new baby kitten Maisie loves to fly around my apartment and bug her sister Lucy, so she is a bee this Halloween! Here is the pattern!
This photo also features Lucy’s ladybug costume!
Maisie is a ~14 week old kitten weighing about 3 lbs. It is easy to adjust the size of this pattern for other kittens or small pets.
- Black, yellow, and white yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver)
- J hook
- Yarn needle
- Dc = double crochet
- Sc = single crochet
- Ch = chain
- Sl = slip stitch
- The number is parentheses after each line indicates the number of stitches you should have in the row/round.
- BLACK. Ch 16, sl to join with first ch, being careful not to twist. We are crocheting in rounds for now.
- YELLOW. Ch 3, dc around, sl to join with first dc. (16)
- BLACK. Ch 3, dc in first 10 dc. We are crocheting in back and forth rows now. (10)
- YELLOW. Turn. Ch 3, dc across. (10)
- BLACK. Turn. Ch 3, dc across. (10)
- YELLOW. Turn. Ch 3, dc across. Ch 15, join to other side. Turn. (25) We are crocheting in rounds again now. (Note: adjust the number of ch to fit different sized pets.)
- BLACK. Ch 3, dc around (in all dc and ch from previous step). Sl. (25)
- YELLOW. Ch 3, dc around, sl. (25)
- Repeat step 8 four more times, continuing to alternate between black and yellow each round.
- Fasten off.
Wings (make 2)
- Use WHITE. Sc 6 in magic ring. (6)
- 2 sc in each sc. (12)
- 2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc. Repeat this around. (18)
- Fasten off.
- Sew to main piece.
Be sure to check out Maisie’s sister Lucy’s costume too! Also shown here are a hat and a pumpkin.